When I was young, my mom would always remind us not to play with fire(literally). I do not know why but to children the more you say don’t the more they’ll do it. I believe Wong (Pediatric Nursing) would say something about this. During the school-age stage, kids want to explore the world.
One day, I saw the melted candles collected by my late grandmother placed in a blue plastic bag. I told it to my younger brother. We then planned to melt it through fire and mold it so that a newly formed candle will be made which we can use during brownouts. Without informing our parents and grandma, we put the plan into action.
It was late in the afternoon when we finished collecting all the needed materials. We started making fire then placed three stones around it. We placed the melted candles in an empty can and set it on fire above the three stones. Minutes came to past and the solid candles started melting. We were so ecstatic! We were so excited to see the outcome of our experiment. After all the solid candles liquefied, we decided to put it out of fire. When my brother was about to place it in a flat surface, the improvised tong he was using got destroyed and the liquefied candle accidentally spilled out, most of it, to his left leg!Imagine that!A very hot melted candle burning your skin! And what I can clearly remember are the words my brother was uttering that time—he was mumbling “In Jesus Name, in Jesus Name” repeatedly imitating what my mom mutters whenever we got sick.
We were so anxious of what had happened to my brother. The supposed to be newly formed candle spilled out and worst it landed on his skin. Why, it should have jus dripped itself on the ground! If that candle could just have gotten some brains! What was I thinking then?Hmmm…Man, we’re all dead!
Please read the whole article.Click: Playing With Fire