Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God!
Let your good Spirit lead me
on level ground!
The more we seek the Lord, the closer He is to us, the more we’ll know His will, the more we’ll know the right thing to do according to that will.
Life is full of crossroads. There are so many choices along the way. How do we know if the answer to our questions is A not B or C? To know the best answer, here is what we should do.
Romans 12:2 states,”Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect”. We must:
- Surrender our will to God, not everything that we want is what God wants too;
- Choose what is right and pleasing in the eyes of God, the road may be hard and risky but when you reach your destination the joy would be incomparable.
- Make the Bible your best friend. It is the Word of God that will lead us to the right path. His words are lamp unto our feet and light unto our path (Psalm 119:105). Never let a day pass without talking to the Father.
- Be guided by the Holy Spirit, if it is convicting you then you know what is the right thing to do
- Seek for pastors’ and ministers’ advices. They have been gifted with Godly wisdom; never will they let you enter the wrong road.
Despite the rocky and steeply road we are trekking, learn to trust God. Be obedient to his words. Above all these, He has a great plan stored for us and a great future lies ahead of us.