(by Eric and Leslie Ludy)
- I wont give my heart to another girl until God shows me it’s my wife
- God created us with a desire for companionship. He designed us to intensely long for intimacy–spiritual, emotional, and yes, even physical.
- If a house is going to endure the storms of life, whether they be spiritual or tropical, it must have a foundation. The same is true with a love life.
- To be prepared to relate to a member of the opposite sex, you must first learn how to relate to the Creator of the opposite sex.
- CHRISTIANITY, if it were to be defined in very simplistic terms, would be: Me moving out, God moving in.
- If you put your trust in mere men, they will let you down, but if you put your total trust in God, He will never let you down
- TWO RULES OF CHRISTIAN DATING
Rule # 1:Don’t have sex until marriage
Rule # 2: Make sure you date only people who share your beliefs and values
- Put your priorities straight
- Only when He is truly in first place are we ready for a God-written love story
- Invite God to write the chapters of our love story involves work on our part—not just a scattered prayer here and there, not merely a feeble attempt to find some insight by flopping open the Bible every now and then. It’s seeking Him on a daily basis, putting Him in first place at all times, discovering His heart.
- When obeying God is a choice that we are “forced” to do, it becomes a lifeless act of drudgery and we complain the whole way through BUT, when we learn who God really is and we base our decisions out of a passionate love for Him, we find joy and delight in obedience.
- God has created us all as individuals and He has a unique and special plan for each of our lives.
- The reason why the kind of love that many humans throughout history have sought for and never found is because they searched in the wrong places.
- Your love life is not supposed to kick into gear when you finally meet that future special. For all you singles who have been longing for a love life, I have wonderful news. You have one!The moment you meet the Great Lover of your soul is the very moment that you kick off your passionate love life.
- Love is our badge as Christians.
- In the “death cell’ it was death that usually got the last laugh. But, where there is love, it is Jesus that will surely triumph.
- Trusting God is the key to unlocking the treasure chest. But once you open up the chest, you will discover the kind of love that is the sparkling secret to heavenly romance.
- God didn’t intend for marriage to be temporary.
- If anyone should know how to love with lasting love, it should be Christians.
- A commitment isn’t made to be broken
- She (wife of godly character) does him (her husband) good and not evil all the days of her life.
- Purity goes beyond skin deep.
- The secret to heavenly romance is to begin practicing purity for a woman and cherishing her with your thoughts, actions, and words, long before you even meet her.
- Even if we never get married, nothing we do in guarding our hearts, filtering our thoughts, and cherishing our future spouses by the way we live will be wasted. It is not merely for our future marriage here on earth that we do these things, it is also an investment in our glorious future marriage in Heaven with Jesus.
- Someday there would be a man who would appreciate the fact that I had remained a virgin for him. Even though I didn’t see one eligible guy in my life who seemed to want a “pure” young woman, I was assured that men like that did exist.
- As women, one of the greatest gifts we possess is our heart—our emotions, our sensitive nature and our femininity.
- As women, we are designed to give ourselves completely—emotionally and physically to one man. And there is a deep need inside of us to be loved and cherished for a lifetime by the man to whom we give that gift.
- Physical purity can’t be separated from our emotions. It’s a package deal. When we give ourselves to someone emotionally, it leads to the next step…giving ourselves to him physically.
- Casually giving yourself away physically causes incredible pain—you feel guilty, dirty and used afterwards.
- As for guys pursuing me for temporary relationships my attitude is, I’m already taken. Until god brings my future husband along and I know it’s him, I’m not available.
- Loving our future husbands with the way we live and the way we guard our pearl of purity…all the days of our lives. Not out of obligation, but out of unconditional love for our future spouse and a deep desire to honor our Maker
- A real man, the kind of man a woman wants to give her life to, is one who will respect her dignity, who will honor her like the valuable treasure she is.
- A real man will not attempt to rip her precious pearl from its protective shell or persuade her with charm to give away her treasure prematurely, but he will wait patiently ‘til she willingly gives him the prize of her heart.
- Even if real men are hard to find, they do exist and they are worth waiting for.
- I don’t want a woman who turns my head…but a woman who turns my heart.